Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Maui Memories Part 4

After watching Ulalena in Lahaina we decided to head back to Kihei. After all, tomorrow would be a long day as we had to meet Tripp in Makawao at like 6:30am. I know what you're thinking, "why so early?" Believe me, we all had the same thought. But that's the time they wanted to head out so who am I to complain?

Saturday also happened to be Marti's birthday. How nice that she got to spend her 32nd birthday with a bunch of her closest friends on Maui! Keidi even got her a present (although she keeps reminding me that the present was from all of us, not just her).

There's the birthday girl, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed

So after singing her a quiet Happy Birthday we headed out to Upcountry. One thing you have to understand about the neighbor islands is that even though they may be bigger in terms of land mass, they still have that small town feel (by which I mean, it's hard to keep secrets from them because everyone knows everyone else). This is would be very evident a little later.


This is what greeted us when we arrived at Tripp's house

After meeting Tripp's family we started loading up the trucks for our weekend in Hana. This probably took us about half an hour or so and there wasn't too much work to do so some people slept in the car and others just talked story.

Dina was real tired because she stayed out so late. To see why click here

But anyway while we were almost ready to leave, Tina, Tripp's sister, yells out her now infamous question. I wish I had a picture of this, but who would have known she would blurt out such a thing? She asked, "So which of you is Kelly's sister's boyfriend?"

Now all of us kind of stupidly stood there since we had no idea who Kelly was let alone Kelly's sister. There was one person, however, that knew the answer to the question. So after a few awkward seconds John-John kind of raises his hand and mutters, "She's not my girlfriend..."

By then we all figured out what Tina was talking about and we all turned to John-John, pointed at him and started laughing hysterically (well, maybe it was just me that actually pointed). At this point John-John turned a bright shade of red and stood there seemingly stunned by our taunting. At that point, I knew it would be a real fun weekend.

John-John (far right) before he turned the color of Clinton's (far left) jacket

No comments:

About Me

Howzit? Good I hope! I am a staff pastor at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay in beautiful Kaneohe, Hawaii. I was born and raised in Kaneohe, a quaint little town on the Windward side of Oahu (we are civilized to have two Starbucks here). I currently run the Singles and Couples ministry as well as the Sports ministry at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay. I am married to a wonderful, beautiful woman who keeps me in check. If you have any questions hit me up. I'd love sit down and talk story. Thanks for stopping by, we hope to see you again real soon!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .