Thursday, April 3, 2008

Maui Memories Part 2

So after eating lunch and some Guri-Guri ice cream we decided to check out our hotel in Kihei. We were staying at the Kamaole Sands for two nights before heading to Hana for the weekend. Overall, our hotel was more than adequate and we enjoyed it very much.

Being on the a neighbor island means getting to do things that you don't normally get to do, like go to a nude beach. Don't believe me? The proof is right below:







Just kidding! But I bet you looked at the pictures a little closer than you normally would have sicko! :)

But this was a fun, mellow beach. Perfect for swimming, tanning and playing frisbee.

Chaz and Dural playing (throwing?) Frisbee.

We tossed the 'ol disc around for a bit and then, based on a recommendation, we headed over to Azeka Mall for some fine Vietnamese Cuisine. One thing I love about the neighbor islands is the simplicity of everything. I mean, if you're looking for some good Vietnamese food you don't need to try to decipher a name and figure out if it's Vietnamese or not. For instance in Kaneohe we have Saigon Noodle House (which is obviously Vietnamese since the city of Saigon in in Vietnam) and Viet Thai (whoa, what the? Is this a Vietnamese place or a Thai place? I think it's a combination of both but I'm not really sure). But I digress. So we headed over and got some good Vietnamese cuisine at where else but Vietnamese Cuisine!

It's not just a clever name...

So our friend Chaz is on a strict diet (I'm not sure what it's called but he sure did eat a lot of fruits and vegetables and it made him rather antisocial) so we would often go and eat by himself because wherever we chose to eat usually didn't have any food that he could eat. So while we were eating at Vietnamese Cuisine he snuck away to eat at some healthier place. About 45 minutes in to our meal he magically reappeared and sat at our table. Of course they tried to take his order but since he already ate he politely declined any food. Apparently this wasn't good enough for those nice Mauians. Even though he didn't order any food nor did he want any no one was leaving Vietnamese Cuisine without sampling some of their fine wares. The nice man brought Chaz a bowl of rice and some chicken! Isn't that so nice?

Why the long face Chaz?

Of course being on his diet he didn't want to eat it. Actually what he said was, "It looks good but it's been cooked in so much sugar." Which I guess is a no-no on his diet. So after much contemplating and hemming and hawing he decided that he could not insult the nice man who made this special dish just for him and he ate it. We were all quite proud of Chaz for making such a selfless decision.

We then headed back to the hotel since some of our party were going to head up to Haleakala to see the sun rise.

No comments:

About Me

Howzit? Good I hope! I am a staff pastor at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay in beautiful Kaneohe, Hawaii. I was born and raised in Kaneohe, a quaint little town on the Windward side of Oahu (we are civilized to have two Starbucks here). I currently run the Singles and Couples ministry as well as the Sports ministry at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay. I am married to a wonderful, beautiful woman who keeps me in check. If you have any questions hit me up. I'd love sit down and talk story. Thanks for stopping by, we hope to see you again real soon!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .