Friday, June 6, 2008

What Can I Say? Chicks Dig Me!

So almost exactly one month ago, my sister-in-law, Cassandra, gave birth to two wonderful twin girls. Keao has blogged about them and posted pictures so check out her blog to get the latest twin news (keaosunaoka.blogspot.com). So while Cassandra was in the hospital Keao and I agreed to watch Lauren, the twins' older 15 month old sister.

Well, I guess I must have done something to traumatize this poor girl because now, even a month later, she can't stand to be around me. Last week or so I had to go to their house to pick up some things and as I walked through their door, the minute she saw me she just collapsed on the ground and started crying. Unfortunately for me, Keao and Cassandra were not there to witness the scene.

Fast forward to today. I wanted to see if Lauren would have the same reaction or if she had forgiven me and was now ready to be my friend again. This time I was smart, I brought along a video camera to capture the epic scene. What do you think happened? Would we see smiles, cries or complete indifference? For the answer let's take a look at the footage. Ready? Okay, let's roll the tape.


Lauren's pure unadulterated response

So what can we learn from the tape? Let's break it down. First of all, she knows her name and responds to it well. Then, at about the 10-second mark she enters the hallway trying to see why she's being summoned. By the 13-second mark she realizes who's in the hallway with her and reacts accordingly. If you listen carefully you can hear the delight in Keao's laugh as she now truly believes that Lauren hates me. I also love the way she runs with both arms in the air at the 26-second mark and by 30 seconds she's already on the ground.

Actually, it's not that bad. Despite all the crying you heard on the video it's not like Lauren completely hates me. I just think that everytime she sees me in her house she probably thinks I'm going to take her away from her mommy (which is sort of what happened last time). We stayed at their house for a few hours and once she realized I wasn't taking her anywhere she warmed up nicely and was my friend. *sigh* Babies, so cute and yet so funny all at the same time.

3 comments:

keao said...

oh, my gooshness. I'm going to have to copy mikey and say that this the the best video ever. For me, it pushes all the grouchy feelings away. So classic. The dropping of the pamper, the one arm lean against the hallway closet.

Let's just be honest though, she wasn't too thrilled I was there either. and after 30 minutes, she was totally normal again

Joy said...

You know from watching the video I would have to agree that it looked like she was upset about you being there because of the possiblilty of you taking her from mommy. She didn't look so much afraid of you but upset that you were there.

The reaction to seeing you is absolutly hilarious! Who knew she was such a drama mama?

brycewat said...

Oh man, thats good stuff. The power of video is sooo awesome!

About Me

Howzit? Good I hope! I am a staff pastor at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay in beautiful Kaneohe, Hawaii. I was born and raised in Kaneohe, a quaint little town on the Windward side of Oahu (we are civilized to have two Starbucks here). I currently run the Singles and Couples ministry as well as the Sports ministry at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay. I am married to a wonderful, beautiful woman who keeps me in check. If you have any questions hit me up. I'd love sit down and talk story. Thanks for stopping by, we hope to see you again real soon!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .