Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Some Random Articles Found on my Google Reader

Ah the joys of Google reader. If you have gmail (and in this day and age, who doesn't?) you may have noticed a row of words in the upper left corner of the your screen. Among the Calendar, Documents, Photos and whatnot there is also a Reader. So what's a Reader you may ask? Well, for the longest time it was a great mystery as to what the Reader was and what its purpose was. Thanks to Jenny, I have found the joys of Google Reader.

In a nutshell, Google Reader allows you to subscribe to different feeds on the internet and it squishes them all in one place so you don't need to check 15 different blogs, news sites and other oddities online every day just to see if there is something new and exciting. It does it all for you! Amazing!

Have you ever seen the youtube video that shows an amazing catch by a ball girl? It has gained so much hype that they were talking about it on ESPN radio this morning and a certain pastor even stopped by my office to show it to me. If you haven't seen it here's the clip that's generating so much publicity.


But back to my Google Reader. So one of my subscriptions is to Snopes.com which is an urban legend website. Whenever you get one of those emails with like 2000 forwards on it you can check its authenticity on Snopes (no, Bill Gates is not giving away money just for forwarding an email to all your friends). So imagine my disappointment this morning when I found out that the ball girl video is a FAKE! What a bummer. On the other hand, it was a very good job of video editing. Oh well, either way it's a cool video even if it is fake. Next thing they'll tell us is that Santa Claus is fake too.

The other rather amusing article I found came from a recent blog I've discovered called Stuff Christians Like. You should check it out (or even subscribe to it). Today's article was about Christian dating (more specifically Christian breakups) and since I'm a Singles and Couples Pastor I enjoyed it immensely. If you have time, read it and check out the truth of it all.

2 comments:

Derek said...

I read your blog with Google Reader.

keao said...

I saw that video on the morning news and they revealed it as a hoax. Hello, clearly that is not possible.

I love that post on "Christian dating." I want to print it out and make everyone read it.

About Me

Howzit? Good I hope! I am a staff pastor at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay in beautiful Kaneohe, Hawaii. I was born and raised in Kaneohe, a quaint little town on the Windward side of Oahu (we are civilized to have two Starbucks here). I currently run the Singles and Couples ministry as well as the Sports ministry at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay. I am married to a wonderful, beautiful woman who keeps me in check. If you have any questions hit me up. I'd love sit down and talk story. Thanks for stopping by, we hope to see you again real soon!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .