Sunday, June 1, 2008

Diving Three Tables

So it's been awhile since I've updated this thing, but it's not for a lack of excitement going on in my life, it's just that I've been lazy planning and doing stuff so please bear with me.

A few Fridays ago, a bunch of us decided to go to Three Tables to do a short shore dive. Included in the dive were John-John, my brother Stanton, Keidi and her friend Christy and another diver from Keidi's boat named Paul. Kevin joined us on our second dive, but unfortunately for me my camera broke (but I fixed it last night) and I was unable to document anything but the first dive.

But it was a beautiful day. The sun was out and the water was flat. Perfect for diving. After going over a few safety issues (weight release locations and dive buddies and whatnot) we headed out to the sea. Things were going great until Keidi found a leak from one of her hoses. She was bubbling up hard and couldn't figure out why. After taking care of that (and by taking care, I mean she just didn't have any floatation) we went under.

Not long after going under, I discovered that my regulator was free-flowing. Basically air was coming out of the thing I put in my mouth and I couldn't stop it. So I headed back to the surface trying to fix the problem.

The bigger problem was nobody wanted to be my dive buddy. I mean we talked about it on the surface, but by the time we hit the water I guess I was the odd man out. I knew no one wanted to be my buddy because when we got back under the water, everyone was 50 yards ahead of me and no one bothered to see where I was. I could have been eaten by a shark for all they knew.

Dive buddies John-John and Stanton

Apparently when I was on the surface, Keidi's friend Christy decided to play a little prank on Keidi and attack her underwater. Only underwater people tend to look alike and sometime the distinguishing features that are so prevelant on land are not so underwater. So while Stanton was nicely minding his own business looking for fish, Christy, thinking it was Keidi, attacked Stanton. I wish I could have been there for that. I wish I could have captured the look on my brother's face. It must have been classic.

Christy (on top) finds and attacks the right person

Other than that, our dive was pretty uneventful. We when to the turtle cleaning station but didn't see any turtles there. That was kind of disappointing. The only real cool thing we saw was a small white tip reef shark. Unfortunately the water was a little dirty because of all our activity trying to get a look at it and it stirred up a bunch of sand and other debris.

Can you see the shark? Me neither...although it's right in the middle

To see the rest of the dive pictures click here.

No comments:

About Me

Howzit? Good I hope! I am a staff pastor at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay in beautiful Kaneohe, Hawaii. I was born and raised in Kaneohe, a quaint little town on the Windward side of Oahu (we are civilized to have two Starbucks here). I currently run the Singles and Couples ministry as well as the Sports ministry at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay. I am married to a wonderful, beautiful woman who keeps me in check. If you have any questions hit me up. I'd love sit down and talk story. Thanks for stopping by, we hope to see you again real soon!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .