Thursday, August 7, 2008

Eat Your Heart Out Ken Burns

Last night we were talking about the "Ken Burns" effect with Macs. Ken Burns, if you don't know, makes documentaries (he's done Jazz, the Civil War, Baseball and a whole slew of others). The reason we were talking is because Tricia, a girl in our ministry, wanted to make slideshows.

Well, I found this other site that does slideshows called Animoto. They're a bit edgier than the nice slideshows created by Photo Story 3. I do like Photo Story 3 for weddings and whatnot, but Animoto does really well with more upbeat type things. The only thing is that Animoto cost $30 a year and Photo Story is free.

Check out this slideshow I made with Animoto using last year's flag football as the subject.

3 comments:

Joy said...

I never had to go looking elsewhere for Ken Burns effect. Never even really thought about it. That is of course because I have a Mac. Not saying it's better or anything. But you know the truth so I don't have to say it.

Joy said...

Btw great job on the slideshow. It's pretty awssome

Mike said...

It's cool, but 3+ miniutes is a bit long to be dealing with the flying pictures.

I'd also like to point out at time code 2:16, Paul clearly not going for the flag, and tackling the guy. I'm still bitter about the "no-call" on that blatant and savage intentional foul.

About Me

Howzit? Good I hope! I am a staff pastor at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay in beautiful Kaneohe, Hawaii. I was born and raised in Kaneohe, a quaint little town on the Windward side of Oahu (we are civilized to have two Starbucks here). I currently run the Singles and Couples ministry as well as the Sports ministry at Hope Chapel Kaneohe Bay. I am married to a wonderful, beautiful woman who keeps me in check. If you have any questions hit me up. I'd love sit down and talk story. Thanks for stopping by, we hope to see you again real soon!

what is this?

Tell me when this blog is updated. . .